The cancer services multi-disciplinary teams work across Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield, Solihull Hospital and Birmingham Chest Clinic.
Being diagnosed with cancer is a difficult and worrying time. As a patient, you need to know that your care is as good as it can be. We will aim to keep you involved and informed at every stage of your care pathway, and be committed to providing the very best treatments and technologies to care for you.
- Rapid access to specialists for patients with suspected cancer
- Quick and early diagnosis
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Full patient involvement with treatment planning
- Treatment by dedicated cancer specialists
- A strong cancer research and education programme
- Excellent links with community support groups
- Easy access to counseling services
- Efficient professional links with other cancer units and centres in our networks
- Support for our cancer patients in a caring and culturally sensitive way
Cancer Support Services
We provide comprehensive support services for patients who have been diagnosed with cancer, as well as support for their carers’ and families.
Throughout your treatment with us, you will receive a range of information leaflets and other materials that will help to explain the treatments and procedures that you will undergo. You will be fully supported by your clinical nurse specialist and medical team who will provide you with individualized information about your treatment. Your clinical team will also advise you on the additional support available in your local area such as support groups and charities.
If you would like to speak to a member of the patient services team for further advice or would like to feedback on any of our services, please do not hesitate to call us on 0121 424 0808, email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Patient Services Department
Bordesley Green East
Cancer multi-disciplinary teams
- Colorectal Cancer Team The aim of the colorectal multidisciplinary team is to provide a high quality multi professional approach offering individualised care to all patients with a colorectal cancer.
- Gastric and Oesophageal Cancers Information on the Upper gastrointestinal multidisciplinary team for patients with gastric and oesophageal cancer with useful links to support groups.
- Hepatobillary Cancers Information on the Upper gastrointestinal multidisciplinary team for patients with hepatobillary cancer (liver, pancreas, gallbladder) and useful links to support groups.
- Urology Information on the urology multidisciplinary team for patients with prostate, kidney, bladder penile or testicular cancer and useful links to support groups.
- Lung Information on the lung cancer multidisciplinary team for patients with lung cancer and useful links to support groups.
- Skin Information on the skin cancer multidisciplinary team for patients with skin cancer and useful links to support groups.
- Head and Neck Information on the Head and Neck cancer multidisciplinary team for patients with a Head and Neck cancer and useful links to support groups.
- Gynae Information on the gynae cancer multidisciplinary team for patients with a gynaecological cancer and useful links to support groups.
- Haematology Information on the haematology multidisciplinary team for patients with a haematological malignancy and useful links to support groups.
- Breast Information on the breast cancer multidisciplinary team for patients with breast cancer and useful links to support groups.
Cancer lead team
- Mr M Foster: Lead Cancer Clinician
- Jill Kneale: Lead Cancer Nurse
- Louise Spencer: Cancer Waiting Times Manager
- Frances Shaw: Lead Cancer Pharmacist
Please contact the team via the general Trust switchboard number on 0121 424 2000