Freedom of Information Request: 0798 2020/21
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) completed a merger by acquisition of Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust (HEFT) on 1st April 2018. Due to historical differences in data collection/reporting across UHB and the former Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust this response has been provided by hospital site
Dear University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust,
We are currently doing some research and would greatly appreciate it if you could help us with the following questions:
- Please could you confirm the main EPR system (e.g Cerner Millennium, EPIC etc.) in place at your Trust.
Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull Hospitals (HGS) use an EPR developed in-house consisting of icare and Concerto.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) uses an EPR developed in-house consisting of Clinical Portal and PICS (Prescribing Information Communication System) for e-prescribing, medicines administration, and clinical decision support.
- If you currently do not have an EPR system in place, do you have plants to implement one? (Yes/No) If yes, when? Not Applicable
- Does your main hospital EPR system have the HL7 FHIR API’s enabled? Yes
- If no, do you have plans to enable this at present? Not Applicable
- What is the specific product name of the EPR product you currently use for your Oncology department (e.g. ARIA, FLATIRON etc.)? In-House application – PICS and Clinical Portal
- Is your Oncology EPR HL7 FHIR enabled? Yes
- If no, can it be HL7 FHIR enabled? Not Applicable
- If no, why can it not be HL7 FHIR enabled? (e.g. technology is not capable, cost related reasons etc.) Not Applicable