e-Rostering is an electronic system for producing rosters / off duty which will be rolled out to all nursing and midwifery staff working for Heart of England Foundation NHS Trust.
The e-Rostering system has many functions, the main ones are to:
- enable staff to view their off duty on-line and make requests for shifts and annual leave electronically
- assist ward managers in rostering staff more efficiently and effectively in line with service needs and demands
- ensure fairness and equality in the rostering process
- ensure that the right staff are in the right place at the right time
- accurately record shifts and calculate hours worked by nursing staff which will be linked to payroll
- keep a record of training and competencies and alert when updates are required
- show staffing requirements, sickness, planned leave and vacancies
- generate management and performance reports.