Location: Birmingham Heartlands Hospital B9 5SS
Venue: Medical Day Hospital
Date: 19th March 2016 from 10am to 4pm
Description: Do you have a current, active nursing (NMC) pin?
Are you an experienced registered nurse who has the passion, dedication and commitment to provide excellent clinical care, in an emotionally charged and exciting elderly care environment?
Are you a newly qualified nurse who desires to work in a frequently changing setting, across multiple specialties – dealing with acute and chronic health issues for our the aging population?
Come and talk to us at our open day on Saturday 19 March 2016, where we are showcasing the career opportunities across our elderly care services.
The day will include:
- Simulation sessions – to gain an understanding of sensory impairments and have a glimpse into the patient experience.
- Our dementia quiz – learn about our Dementia Vital and Dementia Friends pieces of work.
- A presentation outlining our excellent elderly care nurse development programmers (including top-up degree, academic accreditation and pathways into advanced nursing practice in elderly Care)
- ‘Get it on Time’ Parkinson Disease Project – step into our 1920-30 living room.
- Tours of the different services; Rowan Ward – medically fit for discharge, Ward 21 – elderly care assessment unit and Ward 30 – focus on elderly frail patient
- Our reminiscence pod – take a step back in time.
- Specialist interview panels on the day for those who have been shortlisted. (A nursing drugs calculation test will be part of the interview process).
- Letters of conditional offers of appointment for successful candidates will be given on the day.
Click here and watch ‘Experience 12 Minutes in Alzheimer’s Dementia’ a short glimpse of what a loved one with dementia maybe going through.
Find out more about the career opportunities on offer, attend our open day at:
Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
Bordesley Green Road
For more information and to apply for interviews on the day, visit the NHS Jobs website and search using the reference number: 295-3R1088BB
To discuss the career opportunities further please call and speak to one our nurses below:
Rowan Ward – contact Sister Annie Williams on 0121 42 43541.
Ward 21 – contact Sister Julia Melton on 0121 42 40221.
Ward 30 – contact Sister Karen Segovia on 0121 42 40230.