Freedom of Information Request: 0409 2019/20
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and would be very grateful for your help.
- Please provide the following information about any Social Enterprises which are currently contracted (either as the main contractor or as a sub-contractor) to provide Healthcare services on behalf of your NHS Trust(s):
- Name of organisation
- Trident Reach – Trident Reach are a charity and a housing association
- The Big Issue
- Wild Oyster
- Rodor Housing and Support
- Swift ACI
- Gateway Family Services
- Birmingham Youth Empowerment
- Polish Expats Association
- You+ Association
- St Basils are a charity and a housing association
- Main contact (if known)
The Trust does hold this information, however, to disclose it will lead to identification of the individual(s) the information relates to. We are therefore withholding this information under section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act.
Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act provides an exemption from the right to information if it is personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual.
Section 40 (2) is an absolute exemption meaning there is no requirement to consider the public interest when disclosing this information.
To assist you, social enterprises are organisations that have a core social mission. They can be identified by certain legal structures such as:
- Community Interest Company
- Company limited by Guarantee
- Community Benefit Society
- Industrial and Provident Society
- Any charitable structures