Freedom of Information Request: 0629 2019/20
- Who runs bereavement service?
The Bereavement Service is situated in Corporate Nursing. Dawn Chaplin is the Head of End of Life and Bereavement
- Primary contact – Name/Email/Phone Number of the person(s) who run bereavement services?
The Clinical Nurse Specialist for Bereavement at Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull Hospitals (HGS) is Alyson John.
The Clinical Nurse Specialists for Bereavement at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) are Sarah Gammon and Donna Nijar
Staff are also contactable via the Trust’s switchboards
HGS – 0121 424 2000
QEHB – 0121 371 2000
- Is there a bereavement booklet given to families?
- Who deals with the Bereavement booklets?
The Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Are the bereavement booklets produced in house?
- Are the bereavement guides produced by an external agency?
- Is there a contract with the external agency?
- How long is the term of the contract?
No set term
- How long is left to run on the contract?
- What is the notice period to end the contract?
- Does the contract offer additional benefits to the Trust such as funding?
- Does the contract contain rights to sell advertising space in the Bereavement Guide to third parties?
- Who signs the contract for Bereavement Guides?
- Who is the Head of End Of Life for Community Nursing?
Our Lead Nurse for Community Nursing is Ursula Hare
- What is the contact information for the Head of End of Life for Community Nursing?
- Is there any information available for the community nursing team to give out to patients and families for end of life and bereavement?