Freedom of Information Request: 0648 2019/20
Please note that SABR (Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy – the technique that the CyberKnife delivers) is not commissioned by NHS England for Prostate Cancer.
Therefore we are unable to use the CyberKnife to treat Prostate Cancer, unless in the context of a clinical trial or for private patients.
I am making a FOI request on the usage of the Cyber Knife located at the QE Hospital Birmingham since installation.
- Can you let me know how many Prostate Cancer procedures have been completed using the Cyber Knife?
Since the CyberKnife opened at University Hospitals Birmingham in June 2013, we have treated:
- 50 Prostate Cancer patients
- Of these procedures how many have been undertaken for NHS patients and how many have been for the Private sector?
- 26 of these have been private patients
- 24 have been NHS patients (trial)