Freedom of Information Request: 0891 2020/21
Please can you supply me with more information regarding Order Sets, Care Plans and your EPR/EHR:-
- Does the Trust have paper or electronic Order Sets? Please note, this is different to Order Comms
The Trust has electronic order sets built within our in-house EPR
- Does the Trust have paper or electronic Care Plans?
Mixture of paper and electronic
- If the answer is yes to 1&2 please can you provide the name of the supplier?
In-house developed system – PICS.
- If a supplier is named in Q3 please state the length and expiry date of contract.
- If a supplier is named in Q3 please confirm the route to procurement.
Not applicable, in-house development
- Is the Trust looking to procure electronic Order Sets or Care Plans in the next 2 years?
- Has the Trust used Order Sets &/or Care plans for the treatment of COVID-19?
- Please provide the name, job title and email address of the person responsible for Order Sets & Care Plans at the Trust.
Deborah McKee – Head of EPR and Digital Programme
- Please confirm what EHR/EPR system the Trust uses? In-house developed system
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham:
In-house developed EPR consisting of Clinical Portal and PICS (Prescribing Information Communication System) for e-prescribing, medicines administration, and clinical decision support.
Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull Hospitals:
EPR is managed in-house – Icare, Concerto
- Has the Trust started to look at obtaining a recognised certification for example:- Joint Commission, HIMSS EMRAM, …and if so which certification?
The Trust has HIMSS EMRAM certification at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham site.