The HEFT Diversity Staff Network aims to support the Trust in becoming the employer and health provider of choice through delivering culturally appropriate services.
The group aims to reflect the population at all levels and improve working lives.
Key issues that the group tackle are:
- Tackling racial harassment in the NHS
- Equalities framework for the NHS
- Grievance Policy and procedure
- Violence and Agression Policy
- Promoting race equality and operating under the requirements of the Race Equlality Scheme as instructed by the Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
These meetings consist of:
- Lectures/presentations of relevance from an invited guest or members.
- Discussions around various subjects include: support and promotion of health issues, relevant workplace initiatives and improving career opportunities.
- Review and feedback on equal opportunities policies, EqualitySchemes and Action Plans.
- Act as E&D role models; recognising that E&D is intrinsic to thesuccess and performance of the Trust in improving and maintaining patient services.
- Members to treat others with dignity and respect; creating a positive work environment.
- Members to overcome obstacles in mainstreaming E&D issues.
- Members do not need to know all the answers but need to be prepared to spend some time developing their own personal competencies around E&D issues.
- The E&D Department will provide support to assist members within their E&D role.