The laughs and the tears, I find my role challenging and rewarding and I enjoy getting to know my patients as individuals because they are all unique, I get great satisfaction in knowing that I contribute to their lives and enhance the quality of their lives whilst they are in my care. (Older adults staff nurse, Heartlands Hospital)
Is this you? Are you the one who can make the difference?
If so we would love to hear from you and receive your application. As a Trust we are offering a wide range of options to suit each individual (experienced nurses and newly qualified nurses) including:
- Full time/part time hours and agreed working days
- Opportunities for those that want to retire and return
- Working on one ward/unit at Heartlands Hospital, Good Hope Hospital or Solihull Hospital
- Opportunities for bespoke rotational positions at Good Hope Hospital and Heartlands Hospital (one year programme; three areas at four months per placement)
- Opportunities for bespoke rotational positions within Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Community Services (one year programme; six months per placement)
- Opportunities to work purely within Solihull Community Services
For community work, you must be a licensed car user
All successful applicants will also have the opportunity to complete a development programme tailored to the needs of older adults which includes
- caring for patients with dementia and delirium
- becoming a Dignity and Older Peoples Champion
- assessment skills for the older adult
- tissue viability care for the older adult
- resilience training and compassion circles
If you are interested in working with us and developing your career then we would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com if you would like further information and we welcome interested applicants to visit our Older Adult services teams.
To apply for our current band 5 staff nurse vacancy, please click here. The closing date for applications is 1 January 2019.