Drive through blood testing service
Phlebotomy teams at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) have set up a drive through blood testing service at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in collaboration with Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
The service, available from Tuesday 16 June, will allow patients to have their blood tests taken without going into one of the Trust’s hospitals. Contact with others is kept to a minimum, which means that the service is good for those that are currently shielding.
Patients will be able to access the service by appointment only and will be contacted by UHB to be booked into a slot.
Click here to read more
Heartlands Blood Test Times:
Heartlands Hospital Outpatients Department
*For adult blood tests, please go to the Outpatients Department as directed above.
**For children under 16 requiring a blood test, please go to the main hospital reception and ask for directions for Ward 14 as blood tests are conducted opposite this ward.
- Adult – GP and Clinic Patients – Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 4.45pm
- Adult – GP and Clinic Patients – Friday 8.30am – 4.15pm
- Paediatrics/Children Patients – Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Paediatrics/Children Patients – Friday 8.30am – 4pm
Good Hope Hospital Blood Test Times:
Good Hope Hospital Outpatients Department
- Adult Blood Test Department
- Available on week days for adults from both GPs & Outpatient Clinics
- Monday to Friday 9am to 4:45pm
- Paediatric Blood Test Department
- Available on only 3 days for all children from GPs & Outpatient Clinics
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 1:30pm to 4:15pm
Solihull Blood Test Times:
Solihull Hospital Outpatients Department
For all blood tests (adults and children over the age of 12) please go to Ward 10 on the ground floor, which is opposite X-Ray in the new North Entrance. All children under the age of 12 should be referred to the Paediatric Phlebotomy service at Heartlands. Some children up to the age of 16 may also be referred to this service if it is felt more appropriate.
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm (GP Patients)
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4.45pm (Out-Patients)
- Saturday 8.30am – 12.00pm (all patients)
- Sunday 10.30am – 1.30pm (all patients)
For further information relating to Phlebotomy and the Laboratory Medicine services, please visit the website at www.heftpathology.com.
For all bank holidays, the outpatient clinic is not open on any site – this includes bank holiday Sundays (Easter) and days when Christmas Day and Boxing Day fall on a week day. Notices are usually displayed at Solihull advising of this and the days that the clinic will be open in the same time period.