Colorectal Nursing Department changes in service due to Covid-19 at Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull Hospitals.
- Most appointments are now taking place via phone or video link.
- Only one person from your household to attend appointments with you with prior arrangement.
- All pre-operative assessments will take place from the hospital site where you are due to have your operation. You will receive a phone call from a pre-operative nurse who will assess your requirements over the phone.
- If you have a date for surgery, you MUST isolate for 14 days prior to surgery date with all members of your household. Information regarding swabbing prior to surgery will be given during pre-operative assessment. You will be required to wear a surgical mask for hospital appointments.
- Oncology services at Good Hope have now resumed and continue at Solihull, with a limited service at Birmingham Heartlands.
- No visitors to see in-patients on all sites unless prior arrangement with ward in exceptional circumstances.
- Community stoma visits are currently suspended- community nurses making contact over the phone.
- Any stoma issues please contact the site where you had your surgery the colorectal nurse will be able to provide telephone advice and ask for photo’s if required.
The aim of the colorectal clinical nurse specialist (CNS) team is to reduce the physical and emotional impact of colorectal problems on thoses affected, through education, practical training and support delivered by nurses with specialist skills, knowledge, training and experience.
Based at Heartlands and Good Hope Hospitals, the team has advanced knowledge of conditions affecting the bowel. We work closely with many other health professionals within the hospital and community to support people affected by these conditions.
We see patients with disorders or diseases affecting the large bowel and rectum which include predominantly colorectal cancers, inflammatory bowel conditions, colorectal surgery and stoma care.
For more information on how to contact us click here
You can also follow us on twitter, just search for @uhbcolorectal
Heartlands & Solihull Hospital Teams