Published: February 15, 2013
Safeguarding our patients and visitors, both children and adults is a key priority at the Trust. We expect all our staff to be able to identify a safeguarding concern if it arises and to respond appropriately and promptly to minimise harm.
To ensure that safeguarding is always given high priority within the organisation there is an executive board lead for safeguarding – this is the chief nurse and the safeguarding team are accountable to her.
- Advice, support and guidance to staff regarding safeguarding matters
- Safeguarding training
The team are actively engaged with our local safeguarding children and adult boards to ensure a joined up approach to safeguarding with other partner organisations.
- The head of safeguarding and the named nurse for children team – Acute and Community
- The named doctors for safeguarding children
- The lead nurse and doctor for safeguarding adults
- The named midwife and her team of specialist midwives
- The safeguarding trainer
- Administrative and PA support
- Birmingham social care team on 0121 303 1888 or out of hours on 0121 675 4806
- Solihull social care team on 0121 788 4333 or out of hours on 0121 605 6060
- Staffordshire social care team on 0800 1313 126 or out of hours on 0845 604 2889
I am a child and I am concerned about my own safety
Please Contact Child Line on 0800 1111 or by visiting their website http://www.childline.org.uk/
I am concerned about an adult
If the adult you are concerned about lives in Birmingham then call 0121 303 1234 (option 1) or email email@example.com. For further information visit www.bsab.org. For the Solihull area call 0121 704 8007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking at how we can improve the effectiveness of safeguarding in the organisation and are to open to suggestions about how we might make things better.
If you have any ideas that could help us improve please email us at email@example.com or call the safeguarding unit 0121 424 9235 between 9am and 5pm or the safeguarding children hotline 07976255169